Do you feel confident that your cooling equipment will keep up with your demands this summer? The only way to be sure is by scheduling air conditioner maintenance right away. By teaming up with your reliable HVAC contractor, you can ensure that your system will run smoothly and efficiently all summer long.
Take care of your annual maintenance right away
Summer is almost here, and it’s important to get your system prepared. You can do this by handling a few do-it-yourself tasks and scheduling professional maintenance. This way, you won’t have to worry about unexpected breakdowns or issues on the hottest days of the year.
Professional air conditioner maintenance
During a professional tune-up, your technician should:
- Check for proper refrigerant charge.
- Verify thermostat functionality.
- Inspect electrical connections.
- Check the fan belts and oil motor for tightness and wear.
- Measure airflow across the evaporator coil.
- Tighten loose connections.
- Lubricate moving parts.
Home maintenance tips
Here are three do-it-yourself maintenance tasks that you can perform to boost system performance and longevity:
- Regularly check your filter: A dirty air filter is one of the most common causes of an inefficient air conditioner or a system breakdown. For best results, check your air filter every month during the cooling season. During air conditioner maintenance, your HVAC tech should make sure you have a new filter with the right efficiency level for your equipment and home.
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit: Your system’s outdoor condenser unit is the metal box in your yard, near your house. Leaves, grass and other debris can become stuck in the unit’s fins, blocking airflow and reducing system efficiency. To avoid this, clear away all debris before summer, and hose down the unit regularly.
- Clear your vents: In order to allow cooled air to circulate freely throughout your home, make sure that all of your vents are open and cleared of any obstructions, such as furniture, drapes and rugs.
To get your annual air conditioner maintenance on the books, please contact the professionals at Griffith Energy Services. We’re proud to serve residents of the greater Baltimore area and a wide multi-state area outside of Baltimore.
Written by Kevin Spain