24/7 Emergency Services Available

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

You probably think you're doing everything possible to keep your family and your home safe. However, there's a dangerous threat lurking within your home. That danger is carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide (CO) can’t be seen, heard or smelled, but it's real and hazardous. Carbon monoxide causes the death of more than 400 Americans each year and more than 20,000 emergency room visits.

How Does Carbon Monoxide Get in the Home?

Carbon monoxide is a gas left over when fuel isn't completely burned away. It accumulates in enclosed areas, such as your home. Possible sources include fuel-burning appliances, space heaters and fireplaces, among others.

To protect your family from CO poisoning, install carbon monoxide detectors within 10 feet of all bedrooms and within 10 feet of any appliances that are gas-burning. Replace batteries every year, and have a certified inspector check all gas-burning appliances and heaters at least once each year.

Identifying CO Poisoning

Many symptoms are similar to those related to other illnesses. People who are intoxicated or asleep may succumb before they experience or display any symptoms. The most common symptoms include:

  • Confusion and irritability
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness and fainting
  • Headaches
  • Muscle weakness
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Unconsciousness or drowsiness

Who's at Risk?

Everyone is at risk, and both people and pets alike. Small children, unborn babies, the elderly and people with pre-existing heart or lung problems have a higher risk. Carbon monoxide poisoning may cause long-term problems, including vision problems, memory loss and difficulty with coordination or balance.

If You Suspect CO Poisoning…

Immediate action is imperative! If possible, move the person to fresh air; outside is usually the best option. Otherwise, open doors and windows. Call your local emergency center.

For more on preventing carbon monoxide poisoning and installing CO detectors, contact the experts at Griffith Energy Services. We're here to help!

Image Provided by Shutterstock.com

Dear Customers,

At this time, when the news is dominated by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency around the world, we wanted to personally reach out and let you know that we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our team.

We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control regarding the spread of the virus. This is an evolving situation and we will continue to develop and take necessary measures as needed. Our focus is to ensure that we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.

Here’s what we’re doing:

  • Everyone on our team has received enhanced training and protocol briefings. We will continue to evolve and adjust these protocols as needed.
  • We are implementing telecommuting options for positions where applicable.
  • Non-essential work travel is currently on hold for all employees.
  • We are conducting enhanced cleaning practices at our locations and are instructing employees to continually sanitize their work stations and vehicles.
  • We are also urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.

Information for you:
If you have an existing service appointment, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure service experience.

During this challenging time, if you are experiencing symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus or have been exposed to it, in order to protect our team and all the customers we serve, we encourage you to please reschedule your service appointment, by calling us at 888-474-3391.

Your safety is our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in our team and our company.

Best regards,
Griffith Energy Services
888-474-3391

Font Resize
Contrast

Pin It on Pinterest