The hot, humid summers of the Baltimore, MD area cause air conditioners to work extra hard to maintain a comfortable indoor environment. One of the best ways to avoid emergency air conditioning repairs is to keep your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) unit in tip-top shape. Most major manufacturers recommend annual HVAC tune-ups for heating and air conditioning elements of an HVAC system.
Heating and cooling account for almost half of all home energy usage. A well-running system is more energy efficient, so you use less fuel and have lower utility bills. Griffith Energy Services conducts HVAC tune-ups that inspect and fine-tune all the elements of the system.
Heating and Air Conditioning Maintenance
Professional HVAC tune-ups for air conditioner components should include the following:
- Inspect and clean the filter
- Inspect wiring and connections
- Calibrate, clean and level the thermostat
- Inspect drains to make sure condensation lines are not blocked
- Clean compressor and evaporator coils
- Check and adjust refrigerant levels
- Clean fans and blower elements
Fall check-ups for furnace components should also:
- Check connections to ensure that there are no leaks emitting dangerous gasses
- Inspect and clean heat exchangers, flue and damper
- Inspect pilots and burners on gas furnaces
- Inspect housing for cracks or deterioration
One of the most important maintenance tasks that a homeowner can do is to clean the air conditioning filter regularly. Filters trap airborne particles like dust, animal dander and bacteria. Regular cleaning removes these particulates and allows air to flow freely through the system. Clogged filters make a unit work harder. Cleaning keeps a unit running efficiently.
We offer preventive maintenance agreements to homeowners in Baltimore, MD and the surrounding area to inspect and tune up air conditioners, heat pumps and furnaces. You choose which plan suits your needs.
About Griffith Energy Services
We are a factory authorized representative for several major furnace and air conditioner manufacturers including Aprilaire, Trane, Mitsubishi and Columbia Boiler Co. Our North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certified technicians install and service all brands and models. We have served the greater Baltimore area for more than a century and adhere to best business practices including:
- 100 percent customer satisfaction
- 24-hour emergency service
- Factory-trained professionals
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- One year guarantee on all repairs
- Well-stocked trucks with factory authorized parts
- Written estimates for all work
We assess your heating and air conditioning needs and recommend products that provide a comfortable indoor environment while staying within your budget. Our products include:
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Ductless air conditioners
- Central HVAC systems
- Gas and oil furnaces
- Zoned air conditioning
With 12 locations, Griffith Energy Services is able to respond quickly to all your HVAC service needs.
Written by Kevin Spain