A CALL BACK
If you are in need of emergency service, outside of our office hours, please call (888) 474-3391.
The Carrier Corporation is an industry leader in the development and production of innovative heating, ventilating, and air conditioning products. Willis Carrier is generally credited with inventing modern air conditioning in 1902 and he established the first independent air conditioning enterprise in 1915, which was called the Carrier Engineering Company.
Over time, Carrier has evolved into a global enterprise that manufactures equipment for a variety of markets including commercial, residential, transportation, and industrial. Carrier currently produces central air conditioning systems, heat pumps, package units, room air conditioners, furnaces, air handlers, ductless air conditioners, boilers, chillers, air cleaners, and thermostats.
In 1979, Carrier was acquired by United Technologies Corporation. Carrier currently has 80 worldwide manufacturing and distribution facilities, including 28 in the United States. Products are sold and serviced in over 150 countries and Carrier has over 200 distributors and 20,000 dealers in North America alone. Carrier markets its products under a number of brand names including Bryant, Payne, International Comfort Products, and Totaline.
Griffith Energy Services, Inc. has earned the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer designation. This designation is earned by providing superior levels of measurable expertise and excellent customer services.
For residential applications, Carrier offers central air conditioning products in both split-system and packaged unit configurations. Three different models, including the Comfort series, Performance Series, and Infinity Series, provide consumers with a variety of performance and pricing options.
- Split Systems: Split systems have a separate condensing unit and air handler. The condensing unit is located outdoors to minimize noise and maximize heat transfer efficiency. The air handler is an indoor unit that includes the blower and evaporator coil. Every Carrier split air conditioner provides WeatherArmor protection, quiet operation, and a 10-year parts limited warranty. Efficiency ratings range from 13 SEER to 21 SEER, and high-end Performance and Infinity Series models are available with a two-stage compressor.
- Package Units: Package units combine a condenser, air handler or furnace in a single enclosure. Carrier manufacturers package units in straight A/C and furnace/air conditioner combinations. Efficiencies range from 13 to 15.5 SEER, and furnace models have an AFUE rating of 80.1. Hybrid Heat systems include a heat pump and furnace for exceptional energy savings and enhanced comfort.
Heat pumps are similar in appearance to conventional central air conditioning systems, but they also provide heat in the winter through a refrigerant reversing process. Carrier offers both split and package heat pumps in three complimentary series designed for different price points and performance levels.
- Split Heat Pumps: Split heat pumps are available in efficiencies ranging from 13-20.5 SEER, and HSPF heat ratings from 9-13. All split heat pumps include ArmorPlate coil coating, a 10-year parts limited warranty, and a filter drier system to protect the equipment from moisture and debris.
- Package Heat Pumps: Carrier package heat pumps are built to provide energy efficient operation and quiet, reliable performance. Every model is Energy Star qualified, and some are equipped with a two-stage compressor and advanced humidity control. Efficiencies range from 13-15.5 SEER and 7.7-8 HSPF.
Carrier offers a wide array of fuel-efficient oil and gas furnaces designed for every budget, climate, and application. This includes oil furnaces with ratings from 80-86 AFUE and gas efficiency ratings from 80-98.5 AFUE. Regardless of the furnace series, there is very little waste.
Other features include a single or multi-speed blower, modulating gas valve technology, insulated cabinets, and Greenspeed Intelligence, which automatically adjusts furnace heat output to match the exact capacity requirements of the building.
Air Quality/Indoor Air Controls
Advancements in construction standards have helped improve HVAC system efficiency, but they have also contributed to creating unhealthy indoor environments. Carrier manufactures a variety of products designed to improve indoor air quality through enhanced filtration, humidification, ventilation, and eradication.
- Air Cleaners: Carrier offers three air cleaners with particulate capture ratings ranging from MERV 10-15. All products filter out a variety of pollutants, pollen, mold, fungi and other airborne contaminants. The Infinity Series model traps 95 percent of pathogens down to .3 microns and cycles air across the filter up to 8 times an hour.
- Humidifiers: Low humidity levels allow particulate matter to remain airborne where it can aggravate respiratory conditions. Dry skin, chapped lips, and general discomfort are also associated with low indoor humidity. Carrier manufactures fan-powered humidifiers that introduce a precise level of atomized moisture directly through the air distribution system and into the living area. Water panels are easy to change, and the Infinity control or Edge thermostat can provide automatic maintenance reminders.
- Ventilators: By regularly exchanging stale air with fresh outdoor air, ventilation devices work quietly and efficiently to keep the indoor environment fresh and clean. Carrier ventilators pre-condition the incoming air so that it closely matches the current temperature of the living area. Carrier has engineered energy recovery ventilators for warm, humid climates, and heat recovery ventilators for harsh, winter climates.
- UV Lamps: Fungi, mold, and other pathogens thrive in damp environments. Since condensation is usually found at the evaporator coil in an HVAC system, Carrier offers germicidal UV lamps in single and dual bulb configurations that will eradicate microbial colonies on the coil and drain pan.
Installing ductwork may be impractical or cost prohibitive in some instances. Ductless mini splits provide an attractive alternative in these situations. Ductless technology offers several advantages including sub-domain zoning, ultra-quiet operation, attractive enclosures, and exceptional efficiency.
Carrier provides a number of ductless split systems including straight A/C and heat pump models for both commercial and residential applications. Through multi-speed digital inverter compressor technology, Carrier ductless systems offer SEER ratings up to 23 and HSPF ratings up to 10.
For those with radiant heat, Carrier provides both gas and oil fired boilers. Most models are Energy Star compliant with AFUE efficiencies up to 90 percent. These quiet units use a heat exchanger to transfer energy, and water is typically used as the heat distribution mechanism.
Carrier boilers use titanium composite or stainless steel burners and a cast iron or cast aluminum heat exchanger. Every model includes a single-stage gas valve and an electronic spark or hot surface igniter.
Carrier Quality and Innovation
As a highly respected member of the international HVAC community, Carrier continues to maintain its commitment to developing innovative solutions for every heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration challenge.