Over time indoor air quality can be adversely affected by the buildup of pollutants within the ductwork of your heating and air conditioning system in Baltimore MD. At Griffith Energy Services, our Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Team can quickly assess the problem and provide ea professional solution that can make a big difference.
Another great advantage to having duct work inspected is finding leaks. According to Energy Star, on average, about 20 percent of the air flowing through duct work is lost due to leaks. Finding and correcting leaks can save homeowners hundreds of dollars in energy bills annually.
The most important reasons for Duct Cleaning
- Visible contaminant Growth in Your Air Conditioning System – contaminant spores can spread quickly from you AC Unit to your duct work. Allergy sufferers will probably notice contaminants first, but anyone can have a reaction. Allowing contaminants to grow can go from a small problem to a major and costly problem. If not addressed, it will have a significantly negative impact on the value of a building. In Baltimore, MD, the humid environment makes contaminants in AC systems a common issue.
- Ducts are infested with Rodents or Insects – The droppings are a critical source of bacteria and should be cleaned immediately to restore indoor air quality. It’s also important to make sure that the source of the infestation is addressed and corrected to keep your duct work clean. We work closely with your pest control company to make sure that the job is done completely.
- Excessive dust and debris – When the buildup is such that it blows into your living areas it is time to move quickly. Regular cleaning will prevent this kind of buildup, but if your air conditioning ductwork has not been inspected in several years, you might be surprised at how much indoor air pollutants have accumulated. This is particularly true if you have pets or smokers in your home.
NEW! Aeroseal Duct Sealing Solutions are Now Available
Speaking of leaky ductwork, Griffith is now proud to announce that we’re offering state-of-the-art Aeroseal duct sealing solutions. This revolutionary duct sealing process will significantly improve both energy savings and quality of life. The Aeroseal duct sealant doesn’t break down over time, and Aeroseal offers a 10-year warranty to back up that claim.
If you’re considering getting Aeroseal for your home, here are some of the most significant benefits:
- Raising energy efficiency by up to 30 percent
- Optimizing your home’s ventilation and airflow
- Improving the lifespan of your system
- Reducing and removing unnecessary humidity
- Raising indoor air quality
As you can see, Aeroseal comes with dramatic advantages. This duct-sealing process offers guaranteed results for Griffith’s commercial and residential customers.
You can improve indoor air quality today and ensure the integrity of your heating and cooling duct work. Contact the Griffith Energy Services IAQ team of experts for air duct cleaning and inspection today.
This service is currently available to our Manassas & Berryville customers only.