Ductless Mini Split
The Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
There are numerous advantages to these systems, including:
- Higher Flexibility: These systems can be used in a range of configurations and places. They are ideal for controlling specific rooms’ temperatures.
- Cost Savings: These systems lower utility costs by increasing zoned system efficiency. In some cases, they also allow homeowners to qualify for rebates or tax credits.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Whereas a traditional central air system requires routine air duct cleaning, ductless systems have multi-stage filtration. This will dramatically decrease the number of airborne pollutants and particulates in the home.
- Fast Installation: In many cases, we can have a ductless system installed within approximately one day, whereas installing a ducted system can take much longer. We just have to run some small pipes throughout your home, so there will be no need to rebuild walls and ceilings around bulky, invasive ductwork.
- Environmentally Friendly: Ductless systems’ small size and controlled zones translate to increased energy efficiency, and they adhere to ENERGY STAR guidelines. All of this means your carbon footprint will be lower as well.
The Technology Behind these Systems
As we’ve already mentioned, there are two parts to a mini-split: the indoor air-handling unit and the outdoor condenser/compressor. These two components are linked by a conduit that contains the power cable, the condensate drain, suction tubing, and refrigerant tubing.
The indoor handlers can be configured in a number of ways, including ceiling suspensions, flush-mounting onto drop ceilings, wall mounting, floor standing models, and more. Most of these systems are operated by a remote control that allows you to activate, deactivate, and adjust the system as needed.
Best Places in Your Home to Add a Ductless Systems
Ductless systems allow for “point of use” heating and cooling, meaning that their positioning allows for more individualized and efficient comfort control. If you’re looking for a legitimate alternative to cumbersome, lossy ducted air distribution, then these systems are ideal. They are particularly effective if you’re retrofitting a home, converting a garage, or adding an additional room. And they’re also perfect for any situation that would require extra cooling, like data centers and rooms that contain a lot of electronics.
If you’re considering a ductless mini-split system for your home or office, give Griffith a call today. We offer free consultations for ductless system installations, and our experts possess the requisite knowledge to guide you through the ductless installation process.